In this episode, we discuss the following topics:
- Apple Watch in Asia
- Who's buying it? Why is there no smartwatch market?
- Understanding the luxury business from the perspective of Apple and LVMH.
- The problem with Apple competing with Tag Heuer in a luxury watch market.
- Misconceptions of western analysts on the Apple Watch in China.
- How can developers invent new kind of apps on the Apple Watch platform if they are subject to the same constraints?
- What kind of new interaction models could we conceive for smartwatches?
- Firefox OS – Should they build a desktop version to compete with Chrome OS?
- Web app vs Native app world – the indexing proposition for Google.
- Google’s lacklustre Android growth – why are OEMs ganging up against them by working with Microsoft? Why has Micromax adopted Cyanogen?
- The next billion problem in Tech (including Google and Facebook): Why apps like Duolingo are better suited to monetize the next billion. Also read Google and Facebook’s vision for mobile.
- Facebook cloning WeChat
- What is Facebook’s strategy for Whatsapp?
- Content is being commoditized on Facebook and the future of news and media.
- Meerkat vs Periscope (with Twitter's backing) and why Facebook has not made a move on Meerkat.
Source: Analyse Asia